EKSU - Humboldt Kolleg 2019
The Social, Economic, Political and Scientific Implications of the Drive
towards Green and Sustainable Development through
Utilization of Renewable Resources
Dec 24, 2018
Registration & Abstract Submission Commences
Feb 28, 2019
Submission of Abstracts Ends
Mar 4, 2019
Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts
Apr 7, 2019
Objectives of the Conference!
The EKSU – Humboldt Kolleg will discuss the main trends and drivers encouraging the use of more sustainable approaches in industries, the current and future needs of these industries that are being addressed through research and also provide information on emerging sustainable technologies.
The great demand for the application of renewable resources to address environmental challenges in areas of waste disposal, global warming and depletion of non-renewable materials has led to the need to create more awareness on changing from fossil feed-stock to renewable resources.
Currently renewable feed-stock makes up to 7% of total chemical feed-stock in use and it is hoped that by 2020 the share of biobased chemicals could reach close to 20%. The European Commission is presently on a strategy and action plan on innovating for sustainable industrial growth, which aims at building a bio-economy for Europe. Africa must not lag behind in this regard.
This meeting will bring together AVH Alumni, Junior Researchers, Industrialists, Government Agencies, students and Farmers within and outside Nigeria to have brainstorming sessions in a bid to move the country towards the utilization of renewable resources for greener and sustainable development.
This three-day conference, sponsored by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation of Germany, will include keynote addresses, plenary sessions, oral and poster presentations and awareness talk for Industrialists, all shaped around the theme.
Production of Polymer Through Greener Methods: Application of Supercritical CO2 in Material Synthesis
Effective Diversification of Energy Resources and Application of Environment Friendly Renewable Energy Sources
An appreciation note
Building Sustainable Technologies Roadmap - Way Forward in Nigeria
Initiating and Executing Research with Marketable Output: Critical Consideration and Strategies for Actions
Interaction with Other Researchers by All Humboldtians present
Interaction with Other Researchers by All Humboldtians Present
Application of Nanomaterial in Sustainable Energy Development
Application of Renewable Raw Materials in Industries
- From Agricultural waste to chemical resources
- Application of starch and starch derived products in Industries
- Environmental benefits of Biomass chemicals
- Enzymes and microorganism for processing and production of chemicals
- Biotechnology for production of environmentally adapted chemicals from renewable materials
- Power of information to switch to green chemicals
- Climate action and environment
- Resource efficiency and raw materials
- Cross disciplinary education on sustainability
- Plants materials as renewable resources (as green alternatives)
- Strategies towards a bio-based economy
- Bio-based economy policy coordination and stakeholder engagement
- Market enhancement and competiveness in bio economy section
- Policies in developed countries
- Awareness program and coordination of peasant Farmers
It will be a eye-opener
This conference would bring together major stakeholders to discuss the current and future needs of Nigeria along green and sustainable development plans that are being addressed through research and also provide information on emerging sustainable technologies. All these are in the bid to build a reliable bio - economy for the country.
Abstract Submission ( Closed )